INSTANT WIN GAME
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
"THE BIGWINNING" INSTANT WIN GAME (the "Game") and 2nd Chance Sweepstakes (Game and 2nd Chance Sweepstakes may be referred to herein as the "Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on November 30, 2010 and ends at 6:00 pm EST on January 14, 2011 for entry in the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes ("Promotion Period") as detailed below. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Interscope Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc., 2220 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404 (the "Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C., who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited by law. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the "NFL Entities"), West Coast Marketing, a division of The Susquehanna Hat Company ("West Coast Marketing") and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent and related companies, distributors and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Parties") and the immediate family and household members of such directors, officers and employees are not eligible to win. If the prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of said minor's parent or legal guardian.
3. HOW TO RECEIVE A GAME CARD AND PLAY THE GAME: There are two (2) methods of receiving a "THE BIGWINNING" INSTANT WIN GAME game card insert (may be referred to herein interchangeably as a "Game Card" or "Insert"). They are as follows:
HOW TO RECEIVE A GAME CARD AND PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT PURCHASE: To receive one (1) free Game Card and play the Game ("Game Play") without purchase, while supplies last, send a hand printed self-addressed, stamped envelope ("Return Envelope") to "BEP GAME CARD", c/o West Coast Marketing, 22287 Mulholland Highway, #396, Calabasas, CA 91302. Vermont residents may omit the return postage on their requests. All requests for Game Cards must be received no later than January 5, 2011 to be valid. Limit one (1) free Game Card per person per day. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests accepted.
HOW TO RECEIVE A GAME CARD AND PLAY THE GAME WITH QUALIFIED PURCHASE: You may also receive a Game Card and play the Game when you purchase (while supplies last) a specially marked Black Eyed Peas "The Beginning" CD ("CD") at a participating retail location.
If when you open the CD or the Return Envelope, it reveals an Insert that has "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE JUST WON A TRIP TO SUPER BOWL XLV IN NORTH TEXAS AS GUESTS OF THE BLACK EYED PEAS" printed on it, you are the potential Grand Prize winner (subject to verification of valid game Card and compliance with these Official Rules). A non-winning Insert will indicate that it is not a winner of the Grand Prize and will invite participants to enter the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes (as detailed below).
WINNING GAME CARD
ESTIMATED RETAIL VALUE
"Congratulations YOU HAVE JUST WON A TRIP TO SUPER BOWL XLV IN NORTH TEXAS AS GUESTS OF THE BLACK EYED PEAS"
The GRAND PRIZE consists of: a trip for two (2) to attend Super Bowl XLV on February 6, 2011 as detailed below*
* The Grand Prize shall consist of a trip for Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to attend Super Bowl XLV ("Super Bowl") in North Texas during the specific dates of February 5, 2011-February 7, 2011. Prize includes (i) round-trip coach class airfare between the major US gateway city airport nearest Grand Prize winner's home and Dallas, TX, (ii) two (2) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (single standard room, double occupancy) at a North Texas area (as defined by Sponsor) hotel and (iii) two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLV. Specific details of Grand Prize are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $3,000. The actual value of the Grand Prize may depend on residence location of winner and fares and expenses at the time of travel booking. Therefore, the value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. NOTE: Any costs associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the prize package and are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion. Such costs may include, without limitation, any ground transportation, meals, excursions, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein but relating to use or acceptance of this prize package which are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Hotel accommodations consist of room and room tax charges only. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel on the identical itinerary, on dates specified above. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Once travel commences, no stopovers are permitted; if stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. All travel elements are subject to availability. Other travel restrictions may apply. Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion will be required to provide valid government issued photo ID at time of travel as required by airline(s) and/or airport security. Travel will not be eligible for frequent flyer points or miles. Grand Prize winner and his or her travel guest are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents and other travel requirements. If Grand Prize winner lives within 150 miles of Dallas, TX, no air transportation will be provided and no additional prize element will be substituted. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements has been made, except at Sponsor's (or its designee's) sole discretion. A minor will not be allowed to participate in any portion of Grand Prize travel without being accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian. Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize, and Releasees are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or other prize items once they are in the Grand Prize winner's possession. An unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize travel package will remain the property of Sponsor.
The Grand Prize winner must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner may (at Sponsor's sole discretion) be selected in the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes drawing as described below.
Overall odds of receiving the winning Game Card are 1:700,000. You are not a winner of a prize until your Game Card has been timely received and verified/validated by the judges of this Sweepstakes and you have complied with these Official Rules.
5. TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize must be claimed by telephone by 5:00 pm Pacific Time on January 14, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited. If you have the Grand Prize winning Game Card (as detailed above), closely follow these directions to claim the Grand Prize:
- Call the "Sweepstakes Administrator" - West Coast Marketing at 1-818-224-4991. You may call collect. Please call between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Time. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, address, date of birth and telephone number.
- Keep your original winning Insert. You will be given instructions over the telephone on how to send in your winning Insert by overnight delivery. A pre-paid overnight delivery air bill will be provided to you.
- Make and keep a photocopy of your winning Insert for your records.
- Once your ORIGINAL winning Insert is timely received by the Sweepstakes Administrator, you will be sent (via overnight delivery) the required documents for you and your travel companion to execute and return as instructed.
AS STATED ABOVE, THE GRAND PRIZE CLAIM TELEPHONE CALL MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 5:00 PM PACIFIC TIME ON JANUARY 14, 2011. If the Grand Prize remains unclaimed as of 5:00 pm Pacific Time on January 14, 2011, it will be awarded in a 2nd Chance Sweepstakes drawing as detailed below. NOTE: Prize awarding is subject to verification of eligibility as detailed herein.
6. GRAND PRIZE CLAIM SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: As stated above, a pre-paid overnight delivery air bill will be provided for the submission of the winning Insert. Proof of submitting an Insert does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt and proof of delivery does not constitute proof of a winning Insert submission. Please retain a photocopy of the potential winning Insert for your records. No responsibility by Releasees is assumed for lost, late, stolen, misdirected or postage-due delivery or mail, or for damaged, torn or separated delivery or mail due to improper packaging of Insert.
7. SECOND CHANCE SWEEPSTAKES: If a valid Grand Prize claim is not received by 5:00 pm, Pacific Time on January 14, 2011, as detailed above, Grand Prize will be awarded in a 2nd Chance Sweepstakes random drawing to be conducted on or about January 17, 2011 by West Coast Marketing, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning in the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes, if such a drawing is held, depend upon the total number of eligible 2nd Chance Sweepstakes entries received. A potential 2nd Chance Sweepstakes winner will be notified by telephone and/or mail.
HOW TO ENTER THE SECOND CHANCE SWEEPSTAKES ONLINE: To enter the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes drawing for a possible unclaimed Grand Prize, visit the web site at www.blackeyedpeas.com/enter ("Web Site") during the Promotion Period, and follow the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes entry directions; providing your first and last name, daytime telephone number, date of birth, gender and email address ("Sweepstakes Entry"). ALL 2nd CHANCE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 6:00 PM EST ON JANUARY 14, 2011. ONLY ONE (1) SECOND CHANCE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PER PERSON, HOUSEHOLD ADDRESS OR EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Web Site clock will be the official timekeeper for the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes.
The Promotion Parties and all of their employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively, "Releasees") are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Game Play or entry information; inability to successfully connect to the Web Site or any web page or input information to the Web Site; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Game Cards; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete; any Game Plays or prize claims which are late, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage due; or any combination thereof. Releasees are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules or any Promotion advertising or promotional materials, the administration of the Game or 2nd Chance Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize or prize winner.
By participating in the Game, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless all Releasees from and against any and all injuries, losses, damages, claims and actions of any kind arising from or relating to participation in the Game and/or 2nd Chance Sweepstakes, or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize that may be awarded, including, without limitation, actual, direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, special, or other damages. By accepting the prize, the Grand Prize winner further releases all of the Releasees from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity. By participating in the Game and/or 2nd Chance Sweepstakes, participant affirms that he or she has read and accepted these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Game or Second Chance Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Game or Second Chance Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received for the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes. Proof of mailing a Game Card request, prize claim or submitting a 2nd Chance Sweepstakes entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible and incomplete entries and requests, claim submissions and duplicate daily Game Card requests will be disqualified. All 2nd Chance Sweepstakes entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False and/or deceptive entry submissions or acts shall render entrants ineligible. By entering the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. The laws of the State of California, United States apply to and govern this Game and any claims must be raised and resolved in Los Angeles County, California. Any information collected by registering to enter the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Rules and with the Universal Music Group Web Site Privacy and Usage Policy, which can be found at http://new.umusic.com/Privacy.aspx.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: No substitution of the prize is offered, no transfer of the prize to a third party is permitted and the prize may not be redeemed for cash value, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize for the prize of comparable or greater value. Releasees assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the safety or performance of the prize awarded hereunder nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. No groups, clubs or organizations may participate in this offer or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules or entry forms to its members. The submission of a potential winning Game Card is the sole responsibility of the participant who assumes all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of the Game Card. All persons, by participating in this Game and/or by entering the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes and/or by submitting a prize claim, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which shall be final and binding.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Releasees shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Releasees' sole control. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Releasees shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
10. VERIFICATION: Any Game Card submitted for possible redemption becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Game Cards are subject to verification at the sole discretion of Sponsor and anti-fraud detection devices may be used to verify winning Game Card. Game Card will be void if it fails to pass anti-fraud detection measures or if found to be photocopied, reproduced, altered, forged, defaced, tampered with, mutilated, stolen, unissued, unauthorized or illegible in any way, or if it fails to contain special markings and/or security codes used by Sponsor in this promotion. Game Card will also be void if defective or if it contains printing or other mechanical errors or is printed or produced in error. Releasees will not be responsible for printing or other errors. No prize will be awarded to the holder of any Game Card which is determined to be void or otherwise ineligible and Sponsor shall have no further obligation or liability in respect thereof except to replace the void Game Card with another randomly selected Game Card by the judges, if appropriate upon request. No more than the stated number of prizes herein will be awarded, and if, due to printing, seeding or other errors, there are more prize claims received than the number of prizes offered, only the total number of prizes listed shall be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect prize claims submitted. Only specially marked "THE BIGWINNING" Instant Win Game Game Cards will be accepted and may not be combined with those from any other game.
11. TERMINATION: Promotion ends on January 14, 2011 as detailed above.
12. RELEASES: Once the potentially winning Game Card has been verified, the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or overnight delivery. Grand Prize winner (or Grand Prize winner's parent or legal guardian if Grand Prize winner is a minor in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides) will be required to complete, execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, confidentiality form and completed W-9 form within three (3) business days of issuance before prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize winner's travel companion (or winning parent or legal guardian if Grand Prize winner's travel companion is the minor child or ward of the Grand Prize winner) will also be required to complete, execute and return a notarized release of liability/publicity release within this same deadline. A pre-paid overnight delivery air bill will be provided to facilitate the return of all required documents. In the event the required documents are not returned within three (3) business days, prize may be forfeited. Prize may also be forfeited if potential winner is not reachable at the address and/or phone number provided by potential winner and a forwarding address is not made available. In the event of forfeiture of the prize by the potential winner, for any reason, an alternate winner may (at Sponsor's sole discretion), be selected in the 2nd Chance Sweepstakes drawing from among all eligible 2nd Chance Sweepstakes entries received. Once the potential Grand Prize winner has correctly completed and returned the required executed documents as detailed above, he/she shall be declared the Official Grand Prize winner of the Sweepstakes. By participating, all entrants agree to release the Releasees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons (including death) and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof (including any travel related hereto) or while traveling to or from, preparing for and/or participating in any prize-related activity. The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that the aforementioned entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness, except for any express service provider's warranty as may be included in the purchase agreement. Except where prohibited by law, by acceptance of the prize, Grand Prize winner and (if applicable) his/her travel companion consent to the use of his/her name, voice, statements, picture or other likeness without compensation for advertising and promotional purposes by Sponsor and its designees as determined by Sponsor, without further approval or compensation in any and all media.
13. WINNERS LIST OR OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the prize winner (available after February 1, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "THE BIGWINNING" INSTANT WIN GAME – WINNERS LIST <OR> OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST (PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH), PO Box 56436, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413, to be received by February 28, 2011. VT residents only may omit the return postage on Official Rules requests. Official Rules are also available until January 14, 2011 at the Web Site and at www.blackeyedpeas.com/thebigwinning.
© 2010 Interscope Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2010 NFL Properties LLC. All NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the NFL.
The NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.